Highlights of Botswana Wilderness
- Duration : 10 Days (approx.)
- Product code : BO-HBW-WD-17
Highlights of Botswana is a ten-day serviced camping safari that takes in all the wildlife magic that Northern Botswana has to offer. Begin with a magical flight into Moremi Game Reserve and the remarkable Game viewing around the enigmatic Savuti Channel. Spend time alongside two of Africa’s most beautiful rivers and the Wonder of the Okavango Delta. The unique wilderness that Botswana showcases will leave indelible memories of its spectacular geography, flowers and fauna with evenings spent around a campfire under billions of stars. End your journey in the adrenaline capital of the World, Victoria Falls, one of the worlds natural wonders.
Day 1 & 2: Xaxanaxa, Okavango Delta
Upon arrival in Maun, you will be met by a Wilderness Dawning representative, who will assist in the transfer to a shared light aircraft for an exciting 30-minute flight to Xakanaxa (pronounced ka-ka-ni-ka). Your Safari Guide will meet you on the end of the airstrip and drive you to your private campsite. Game viewing takes place alongside waterways and floodplains.
The following day, we make our way to the banks of the Okavango River along game-drive routes in the early morning. Today we explore the clear channels, lagoons and rivers of the Okavango Delta by motor boat, going upstream through a myriad of crystal clear waterways. After a picnic lunch, we make our way back downstream to the mainland for the short evening drive and dinner
Day 3 & 4: Khwai, Moremi Reserve
The team breaks camp and we take a leisurely drive to our private campsite in the Khwai River area of Moremi Game Reserve. The next day is spent on early morning and afternoon game drives. Your guide will generally spend maximum time on game-drives, depending on what is seen, trying to cover as much area as possible. There is of course, that obligatory siesta during the hottest part of the day!
Day 5 & 6:Savuti, Chobe National Park
We leave Moremi, crossing the Khwai Bridge to the northern bank of Khwai River before making our way to Chobe National Park. Moving through the Mababe depression, we relocate to Savuti were we camp in the region of the flowing Savuti Channel. Game viewing this afternoon takes place along the fringes of the marsh and surrounding water holes. In the morning, we again have the opportunity to spend many hours on morning and afternoon game drives, and time dependent, an opportunity to climb one of the hills to see San Bushman paintings, an indication that this area has always drawn those who have an affinity to the wilderness.
Day 7 & 8: Serondella Area, Chobe
We journey north toward the Chobe River, the second biggest river in Southern Africa (Zambezi in the largest). Our private campsite is on a Teak forested dune that overlooks this beautiful river. Game drives are taken in the afternoons and mornings to find the remarkable variety of species that are drawn to this permanent water source.
After an early start the next day, we take a slow drive along the southern bank of the Chobe River, where we can find Chobe Bushbuck and Puku Antelope. In the afternoon, guests might choose to go on an optional afternoon boat cruise along the Chobe River-perhaps the last river where one has a fair chance to see Lion and Elephant, Leopard or Wild Dog from the unique viewpoint of a boat.
Day 9: VictoriaFalls, Zambia
We have a leisurely start this last camping morning and say fond farewells to our efficient back-up and camp crew after breakfast. We head eastwards on a last game drive to exit-gate at Sedudu Valley. From there it is a short drive to Kazungula Border Post, where your Safari Guide will ensure that your transfer back to Livingstone is seamless. This afternoon can be spent exploring one of the truly magnificent sights on earth - the wonderfully beautiful Victoria Falls - 300 feet high and over a mile wide! Optional activities and Victoria Falls Entrance at guests own expense. Overnight is usually at the Zambezi Waterfront.
Day 10: Departure
After breakfast, Wilderness Dawning’s safari arrangements end. Before proceeding with onward arrangements, guests might want to partake in the numerous optional activities that are available in this adventure capital!
High Season 01Jul – 31Oct , Shoulder Season 01 Apr – 30Jun, 01Nov-31Dec, Green Season 01Jan – 31Mar
Scheduled Departures Dates: 2017
12Oct, 13oct, 26Oct, 27Oct, 09Nov
Terms & Conditions
The tour price includes the following services.
• Scheduled Light Aircraft Flights as specified.
• Meet, Greet and airport transfers by your local guides
• Accommodation at the hotels, game lodges or rest camps specified in the itinerary, on the basis of two persons sharing a twin-bedded room with en suite bathroom, or shower / toilets.
• Meals from Lunch on Day one to the end of the scheduled safari and a reasonable amount of drinks.
• Transportation by 4X4 specially designed safari vehicle, with qualified driver, for all journeys specified.
• Activities, National park fees, Entrance fees, for sightseeing excursions specified.
• English Speaking tour guide, Camp staff, Chef, and camping equipment
• Full Pre-departure and final documentation with detailed “Guide to Planning your African Safari”.
Services Not Included:
• International airfare or airport taxes, quoted separately
• Items of a personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, premium imported brand beverages, personal purchases, optional extra activities in Livingstone, etc.
• Park entrance fees, lunch, dinner and drinks at the Victoria Falls.
• Gratuities to tour guides, drivers and restaurant staff for services rendered.
• Any other services not specified above.
• Compulsory Travelers insurance and cancellation protection.
Group Size – Min 2
Age Limits – Minimum of 12 years. For parties with children under 12 years, a private, tailor-made safari can be quoted for upon request.
Deposit and Booking Requirements
• This quotation is subject to the availability of all services at the time of making a reservation.
• Travel insurance coverage for injury, illness or loss of effects while on tour is NOT included, is highly recommended for travel and compulsory for many lodges and adventure safaris in Southern and Eastern Africa.
• Registration: A 25% deposit of the total land price, per person is required. The remainder of the cost is due 60 days prior to departure date. Airline tickets must be purchased within two weeks of reservation confirmation.
• Payment is accepted by personal check, company check or credit card.
• Reservation Policy: All tariffs quoted include VAT and current grading levy. The price quoted is subject to change in the event of any unforeseen increases in fuel costs including currency fluctuations and/or Government levies/taxes, including Park Fees and Entrance fees. Safariline reserves the right to amend the quoted tariffs accordingly should the Government change the percentage level of VAT or introduce any other tax or Levy. Safariline will not cancel a tour, holiday or other travel arrangement once the client has paid in full unless it becomes necessary to do so as a result of hostilities, war or threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist unrest, active or threatened natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or if a group tour does not have a minimum required participants, or for any other adverse event beyond the control of Safariline. In the event of cancellation Safariline will inform the client without delay and will make every effort to offer a suitable and comparable alternative
- Cancellations: Cancellations received more than 75 days prior to departure will be subject to the nonrefundable $500.00 per person fee plus any charge incurred by the hotels, ground handlers or operators up to the entire deposit of , 25% of the total trip costs Between 75-30 days prior to the scheduled departure date 50% of total trip costs During the last 30 days including the scheduled departure date: 100% of the total trip costs
Safariline is pleased to offer a Travel Protection plan designed as an exclusive insurance plan to provide broad protection. The plan protects you and your travel investment if you need to cancel your trip for covered reasons prior to departure or if other covered unforeseen circumstances arise during your trip. This comprehensive insurance package provides pre-Departure trip cancellation, Post departure Trip interruption, Trip delay (8 hours or more), Medical Expense/Emergency Assistance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, baggage and personal effects and baggage delay.
For premium costs and coverage descriptions please see our website http://www.safariline.net, home page under “Destinations” lower right side of home page – click on the blue button “Relax & Buy Trip Insurance. Or, contact us to provide a quotation.