Highlights of Botswana
- Duration: 7 Days (approx.)
- Product code: BO-HBW-KD-18
Highlights of Botswana is a 7 day serviced camping safari that takes in all the wildlife magic that Northern Botswana has to offer. Begin with a magical flight into Moremi Game Reserve and the remarkable Game viewing around the enigmatic Savuti Channel. Spend time alongside two of Africa’s most beautiful rivers and the Wonder of the Okavango Delta. The unique wilderness that Botswana showcases will leave indelible memories of its spectacular geography, flowers and fauna with evenings spent around a campfire under billions of stars. End your journey in the adrenaline capital of the World, Victoria Falls, one of the worlds natural wonders.
Day 1 & 2: Dinaka Camp
Depart from Maun on your light aircraft flight into
the Central Kalahari Game Reserve for two nights on safari.
Located in an exclusive private reserve hugging the
northern edge of the Central
Kalahari Game reserve this ever changing desert landscape gives refuge to the
Kalahari lion, springbok, Oryx and brown hyena.
Dinaka, meaning “horns”, is a private reserve
located on the northern boundary of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve. The
reserve offers guided walks in addition to day and night game drives.
With seven spacious
twin and double bedded safari tents it is ideal for families who are accommodated
in two bedroomed tens on raised wooded decks providing the perfect vantage
point over a permanent water hole.
The annual rains transform this arid desert landscape
into a lush profusion of Kalahari vegetation offering a unique insight into the
lesser known desert experience. Sleep
out decks offer guests a panoramic view over and an opportunity to spend the
night under the magnificent African night sky.
Situated alongside the
Central Kalahari Game Reserve, the focus of activities at Dinaka is exploring
the Kalahari experience with wildlife ranging from giraffe to the antelope,
small mammals like the honey badger, bat eared fox and porcupine to predators
including the Kalahari lion, cheetah, leopard and brown hyena. Activities
include morning and afternoon game drives in open safari vehicles, with
afternoon game drives often continuing into the evening.
Day 3 & 4: Okuti Camp
This morning enjoy a last activity and breakfast then transfer with your guides to
the airstrip for your light aircraft flight into the Moremi Game Reserve in the
heart of the Okavango Delta.
Located alongside the Maunachira River which flows thru the Xakanaxa
Lagoon this camp lies within the world renowned Moremi Game Reserve. Okuti is built amidst the wilderness of one
of Botswana’s prime game viewing regions.
With its abundant birdlife, fish and sandy river banks, Okuti remains an
oasis of serenity and peacefulness.
five twin bedded mosasa (ancient tribal word for house of reeds), each has an
ensuite bathroom, indoor and outdoor shower, hot/cold running water and flush
toilet. The honeymoon unit features a double bed,
bathtub, indoor and outdoor shower. An
additional two family units consist of two bedrooms which share spacious
bathroom facilities – ideal for family in this family-friendly camp.
Okutis spacious curved mosasas are located on raised teak decks with
river views. Situated in the heart of the Moremi Game Reserve, guests experience unhindered views in
specially designed safari vehicles. The
Moremi is rich in wildlife and its consistent year-round game viewing makes it
ideal for the first time visitors to Botswana.
Explore the Okavango Delta by motorboat and the areas open lagoons and
winding channels make it a birders paradise, complete with herons and storks in
Day 5 & 6: Linyanti Bush Camp
morning after a game activity and breakfast, transfer to the airstrip for your
light aircraft flight in to the Linyanti Game Reerve and Linyanti Bush Camp.
Forthe next two nights the Linyanti Bush Camp offers the perfect setting for an
authentic and wild safari experience. LinyantiBush Camp is an intimate 12-bed luxury tented camp on the banks of the Linyanti
Marsh, within a Private Concession bordering the western boundary of Chobe in
the Chobe Enclave. As the only source of water in the dry months, the Linyanti
marshes are one of the most sought after destinations in Northern Botswana,
boasting a great diversity of game and a peaceful atmosphere.
You will enjoy some of the most spacious and comfortable tented accommodation and
beds available today. The bathrooms are private and en-suite, consisting of
fixed showers which are housed under the tent and gas-heated, as well as a
flush toilet for your convenience. The
camp is limited to small exclusive groups who seek a personalized experience in
a private concession away from the main tourist’s routes. Activities from the
camp consist of game drives, walking, night drives, mokoro safaris, boat cruises, and fishing.
For the next three days experience Linyanti, best known for its large populations
of Elephant and buffalo that congregate in vast numbers especially during the
dry season. Other wildlife encounters include Lion, sable, roan, leopard, wild dog, the rare and elusive sitatunga
antelope, red lechwe, hippo and crocodile, as well as other species of plains
game. The area also offers spectacular birding all year round. The area's
relative remoteness makes it a favored wild safari destination and one of the
best sought after areas in Northern Botswana.
Maun / Departure
After breakfast, Return to
Maun for your departing flight.
High Season 01Jul – 31Oct , Shoulder Season 01 Apr – 30Jun, 01Nov, Green Season 01Jan – 31Mar- 31 Dec
Scheduled Departures Dates:
1 March 2018- 31 December 2018
Terms & Conditions
The tour price includes the following services.
• Scheduled Light Aircraft Flights as specified.
• Meet, Greet and airport transfers by your local guides
• Accommodation at the hotels, game lodges or rest camps specified in the itinerary, on the basis of two persons sharing a twin-bedded room with en suite bathroom, or shower / toilets.
• Meals from Lunch on Day one to the end of the scheduled safari and a reasonable amount of drinks.
• Transportation by 4X4 specially designed safari vehicle, with qualified driver, for all journeys specified.
• Activities, National park fees, Entrance fees, for sightseeing excursions specified.
• English Speaking tour guide, Camp staff, Chef, and camping equipment
• Full Pre-departure and final documentation with detailed “Guide to Planning your African Safari”.
Services Not Included:
• International airfare or airport taxes, quoted separately
• Items of a personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, premium imported brand beverages, personal purchases, optional extra activities in Livingstone, etc.
• Park entrance fees, lunch, dinner and drinks at the Victoria Falls.
• Gratuities to tour guides, drivers and restaurant staff for services rendered.
• Any other services not specified above.
• Compulsory Travelers insurance and cancellation protection.
Group Size – Min 2
Age Limits – Minimum of 12 years. For parties with children under 12 years, a private, tailor-made safari can be quoted for upon request.
Deposit and Booking Requirements
• This quotation is subject to the availability of all services at the time of making a reservation.
• Travel insurance coverage for injury, illness or loss of effects while on tour is NOT included, is highly recommended for travel and compulsory for many lodges and adventure safaris in Southern and Eastern Africa.
• Registration: A 25% deposit of the total land price, per person is required. The remainder of the cost is due 60 days prior to departure date. Airline tickets must be purchased within two weeks of reservation confirmation.
• Payment is accepted by personal check, company check or credit card.
• Reservation Policy: All tariffs quoted include VAT and current grading levy. The price quoted is subject to change in the event of any unforeseen increases in fuel costs including currency fluctuations and/or Government levies/taxes, including Park Fees and Entrance fees. Safariline reserves the right to amend the quoted tariffs accordingly should the Government change the percentage level of VAT or introduce any other tax or Levy. Safariline will not cancel a tour, holiday or other travel arrangement once the client has paid in full unless it becomes necessary to do so as a result of hostilities, war or threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist unrest, active or threatened natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or if a group tour does not have a minimum required participants, or for any other adverse event beyond the control of Safariline. In the event of cancellation Safariline will inform the client without delay and will make every effort to offer a suitable and comparable alternative
- Cancellations: Cancellations received more than 75 days prior to departure will be subject to the nonrefundable $500.00 per person fee plus any charge incurred by the hotels, ground handlers or operators up to the entire deposit of , 25% of the total trip costs Between 75-30 days prior to the scheduled departure date 50% of total trip costs During the last 30 days including the scheduled departure date: 100% of the total trip costs
is pleased to offer a Travel Protection plan designed as an exclusive insurance
plan to provide broad protection. The
plan protects you and your travel investment if you need to cancel your trip
for covered reasons prior to departure or if other covered unforeseen
circumstances arise during your trip.
This comprehensive insurance package provides pre-Departure trip
cancellation, Post departure Trip interruption, Trip delay (8 hours or more),
Medical Expense/Emergency Assistance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment,
baggage and personal effects and baggage delay.
premium costs and coverage descriptions please see our website http://www.safariline.net, home page under
“Destinations” lower right side of home page – click on the blue button “Relax
& Buy Trip Insurance. Or, contact
us to provide a quotation.