Uganda's Wild Places
- Durée: 6 Jours (environ)
- Code produit: UG-UWP-TH-18
*High Season: January – February, June – September & November – 15 December
Green Season: March – May & October
Day 1: Arrive Entebbe, Uganda
Upon arrival at Entebbe International Airport you will be met by a Thousand Hills Expeditions’ representative and transferred to Protea Hotel where you will check in and be briefed about your safari. Balance of the day spent at leisure with lunch and dinner under own arrangements.
Protea Hotel Entebbe is a new hotel, conveniently located 1km away from Entebbe international airport and on the shores of Lake Victoria. This hotel has a total of 73 guest rooms with 14 suites. All rooms are spacious with en suite bathrooms and all modern amenities. Suites have king-sized beds and a balcony overlooking Lake Victoria. The Tides Restaurant, Terrace, and Bar serves full meal services.
Day 2: Bwindi Impenetrable Forest- Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge
Meet your guide in the lobby at 6:00am and transfer to Entebbe airport for your scheduled flight to Kisoro airstrip/Bwindi National Park, which departs at 7:00am. Upon arrival at Kisoro airstrip you will meet your driver/guide and transfer to the lodge. Check in at Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge, situated in Nkuringo area in the southern fringes of Bwindi amidst magnificent scenery. Guest accommodation comprises 8 en-suite cottages built of local volcanic stone, complete with twin basin bathroom, hot and cold water, electric lighting, plug points and a cozy fireplace. Two of these are family units.
Bwindi is most notable for its 340 Mountain Gorillas, about half the world's population of this critically endangered primate. Activities include: Gorilla tracking, Forest walks, Cultural visits with the Batwa people and unbelievable bird watching - this is Africa’s richest country birds-wise with over 1,000 species recorded.
Day 3 & 4: Gorilla Tracking & The Batwa-Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge
For the next two days, wake up and prepare for an unforgettable experience! After an early breakfast, transfer to the park HQ for pre-Gorilla tracking briefing and about the gorilla family you will track. At 08:00AM, set off into the forest in the footsteps of the Mountain Gorillas. You will be led by experienced gorilla trackers on the slopes of the volcanoes. You will start from the site where the gorillas were encountered the day before and from here the gorilla tracking begins. Follow the mountain gorillas as they range freely in the impenetrable forest, and discover their gorgeous natural habitual and the many species they share it with. You are allowed an hour with the gorillas. Afterwards trek back to the lodge for lunch and a refreshing shower. In the afternoon go for a Buniga Batwa Experience - you will be entertained by the local dancers.
Day 5: The Batwa Trail Experience -Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge
After your morning breakfast you will drive to Mgahinga National park for your Batwa Trail experience. The Batwa Experience provides an opportunity for the Batwa pygmy community to share their amazing heritage and traditions with the world in a life changing experience while they, in turn, earn a livelihood and educate their children.
Hike through the forest past stunning vistas and the serenity of this ancient rain forest. Along the way, you will watch demonstrations of how the Batwa used to live in the forest, how they use medicinal plants, and how they hunt and gather. You will also find out about the delicate fare on offer in the forest, including wild honey, yams and mushrooms. Visit the traditional dwellings and trying out a spot of dancing! Afterwards trek back and drive back to the lodge for lunch and a refreshing shower. Spend the afternoon at leisure.
Day 6: Departure
In the morning, after breakfast at 6:00am, check out and transfer to Kisoro airstrip for your scheduled flight which departs at 8:05am to Entebbe. Upon arrival at Entebbe International airport, you will check in for your international flight to your next destination.
Terms & Conditions
The tour price includes the following services:
• Scheduled Light Aircraft Flights and Gorilla Tracking Permits quoted separately and listed above
• Meet, Greet and airport transfers by your local guides
• Accommodation at the hotels, game lodges or rest camps specified in the itinerary, on the basis of two persons sharing a twin-bedded room with en suite bathroom, or shower / toilets
• Meals from camp breakfast on day 2 to the end of the scheduled safari and water on the vehicles
• Transportation by 4X4 specially designed safari vehicle, with qualified driver, for all journeys specified
• Scheduled activities & Medical evacuation coverage
• English Speaking tour guide and tracker services for walking experience
• Full Pre-departure and final documentation with detailed “Guide to Planning your African Safari”
Services Not Included:
• International airfare and airport taxes quoted separately
• Items of a personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, beverages, personal purchases, optional extra activities, etc.
• Gratuities to tour guides, drivers and restaurant staff for services rendered.
• Any other services not specified above.
• Compulsory Travelers insurance and cancellation protection.
Group Size – Min 2 / Max 5
Age Limits – Minimum of 15 years.
Deposit and Booking Requirements
• This quotation is subject to the availability of all services at the time of making a reservation.
• Travel insurance coverage for injury, illness or loss of effects while on tour is NOT included, is highly recommended for travel and compulsory for many lodges and adventure safaris in Southern and Eastern Africa.
• Registration: A 25% deposit of the total land price, per person is required. The remainder of the cost is due 60 days prior to departure date. Airline tickets must be purchased within two weeks of reservation confirmation.
• Payment is accepted by personal check, company check or credit card.
• Reservation Policy: All tariffs quoted include VAT and current grading levy. The price quoted is subject to change in the event of any unforeseen increases in fuel costs including currency fluctuations and/or Government levies/taxes, including Park Fees and Entrance fees. Safariline reserves the right to amend the quoted tariffs accordingly should the Government change the percentage level of VAT or introduce any other tax or Levy. Safariline will not cancel a tour, holiday or other travel arrangement once the client has paid in full unless it becomes necessary to do so as a result of hostilities, war or threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist unrest, active or threatened natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or if a group tour does not have a minimum required participants, or for any other adverse event beyond the control of Safariline. In the event of cancellation Safariline will inform the client without delay and will make every effort to offer a suitable and comparable alternative
• Cancellations: Cancellations received more than 60 days prior to departure will be subject to the nonrefundable $500.00 per person fee plus any charge incurred by the hotels, ground handlers or operators up to the entire deposit of , 25% of the total trip costs
Between 60-30 days prior to the scheduled departure date 50% of total trip costs
During the last 30 days including the scheduled departure date: 100% of the total trip costs
Safariline is pleased to offer a Travel Protection plan designed as an exclusive insurance plan to provide broad protection. The plan protects you and your travel investment if you need to cancel your trip for covered reasons prior to departure or if other covered unforeseen circumstances arise during your trip. This comprehensive insurance package provides pre-Departure trip cancellation, Post departure Trip interruption, Trip delay (8 hours or more), Medical Expense/Emergency Assistance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, baggage and personal effects and baggage delay.
For premium costs and coverage descriptions please see our website http://www.safariline.net, home page under “Destinations” lower right side of home page – click on the blue button “Relax & Buy Trip Insurance. Or, contact us to provide a quotation.