The Mobile Walking Safari
- Duration: 7 Days (approx.)
- Location: South Luangwa National Park
- Product code: ZA-MWS-RP-18
*NOTE: 09 July is a 9 night itinerary with 7 nights of walking and 11 August is a 6 night itinerary with 4 nights of walking.
Day 1: Arrive Nkwali
On arrival at Mfuwe International Airport a guide will meet you. The drive to camp is one hour through colorful local scenes of villages, agriculture as well as bush. Nkwali Camp has a wide view of the Luangwa River. On Robin’s private land, and overlooking the South Luangwa National Park, Nkwali is ideally situated for the start of your safari. The six rooms all look out over the river and have open air bathrooms. Depending on your arrival time, in the day you will enjoy a lunch looking out over the lagoon to the back of Nkwali or if in the afternoon for tea and the afternoon and night game drive.
Day 2: Walking in South Luangwa
After an early breakfast, you will be heading north to start your walking mobile safari which has become known as THE wilderness experience of the South Luangwa. Your drive is some 90kms to the Mupamadzi River along a bush road, through remote parts of the park. You arrive in camp for lunch around mid-day. The camp is already set up for your arrival with well-equipped walk-in tents. The shower is under a tree and the toilet is a long drop with a wooden throne. Enjoy a relaxing siesta after lunch, before tea and going for a walk around camp in the afternoon, to return for sundowners and dinner in the open under the stars!
Day 3: Walking in South Luangwa
Up at sunrise for the morning walk. The area is remote and wild, the terrain and habitats varied and the game shy and unused to man. From ants to buffalo, a bird’s nest to tracking a lion, you will learn the many facets of the bush. The mobile camp will be packed and moved to Camp 2 and lunch will be ready as the guests arrive late morning. Lunch, siesta and afternoon walk.
Day 4 – 6: Walking in South Luangwa
On Day four, explore the area on foot – returning to the same campsite. Day 5 & 6 the camp will be moved again to camp 3 during the morning as you walk further down the river. All walks are led by an experienced naturalist and accompanied by an armed game scout.
Day 7: South Luangwa National Park
After an early breakfast, transfer to the Luangwa River crossing point opposite the camp. This is a 4 to 5 hour drive. The staff will meet the group and boat the party across the river, and then a 20 minute drive to either Tena Tena or Nsefu camp.
Tena Tena: This remote and small camp lies within the National Park and enjoys a stunning location on a sweeping bend of the Luangwa River. A grove of mahogany trees shade the large custom-made tents. From the thatched dining room and bar, guests can watch the elephants, hippo and antelope on the riverbank. Tena has 5 tents, each with a dressing room, open air bathroom and private verandah that overlooks a water hole. On arrival you will be shown to your tent and then lunch will be served followed by a well deserved siesta before the afternoon and evening game drive. Time to rest those weary legs!!
Nsefu Camp: On a sweeping bend of the river, 12 kilometers north of Tena Tena, lies Nsefu. Nsefu was the first game camp in Zambia and dates back to the early fifties. The Nsefu Sector was recognized then as a phenomenal area and it still is. The camp was reopened in 1999, and keeps with the original style. The view of the river is superb and includes a terraced area where game grazes during the day. The bar, tucked in beside a huge dormant termite mound, overlooks a waterhole that is very productive for game, especially leopard at night. The original rondavels have been extended, with a spacious bathroom added. Each room has a clear view of the river, through large windows and from the new wooden veranda
Day 8: Departure
After breakfast, transfer to Mfuwe International Airport for your departure flight.
*High Season: July - October Shoulder Season: June
Scheduled Departures Dates: 2018
24 June, 09 July, 11 August, 25 September
Terms & Conditions
The tour price includes the following services:
• Scheduled Light Aircraft Flights as specified. (Baggage limit is 15kg – 30lbs – per person in soft bags)
• Meet, Greet and airport transfers by your local guides
• Accommodation at the hotels, game lodges or rest camps specified in the itinerary, on the basis of two persons sharing a twin-bedded room with en suite bathroom, or shower / toilets.
• Meals from Lunch on Day one to the end of the scheduled safari and a reasonable amount of drinks.
• Transportation by 4X4 specially designed safari vehicle, with qualified driver, for all journeys specified.
• Scheduled walking and game activities, hotel & tourism taxes, VAT & park fees, and entrance fees for sightseeing excursions specified.
• English Speaking tour guide and tracker services for walking experience.
• Full Pre-departure and final documentation with detailed “Guide to Planning your African Safari”.
Services Not Included:
• International airfare and airport taxes quoted separately
• Items of a personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, premium imported brand beverages, personal purchases, optional extra activities, any items not listed in “trip includes”, etc.
• Gratuities to tour guides, drivers and restaurant staff for services rendered.
• Any other services not specified above.
• Compulsory Travelers insurance, evacuation and cancellation protection.
• Visa Fees: Zambia
Group Size – Min 2 / Max 6
Age Limits – Minimum of 21 years or age is required.
Deposit and Booking Requirements
• This quotation is subject to the availability of all services at the time of making a reservation.
Travel insurance coverage for injury, illness or loss of effects while on tour is NOT included, is highly recommended for travel and compulsory for many lodges and adventure safaris in Southern and Eastern Africa.
• Registration: A 25% deposit of the total land price, per person is required. The remainder of the cost is due 60 days prior to departure date. Airline tickets must be purchased within two weeks of reservation confirmation.
• Payment is accepted by personal check, company check or credit card.
• Reservation Policy: All tariffs quoted include VAT and current grading levy. The price quoted is subject to change in the event of any unforeseen increases in fuel costs including currency fluctuations and/or Government levies/taxes, including Park Fees and Entrance fees. Safariline reserves the right to amend the quoted tariffs accordingly should the Government change the percentage level of VAT or introduce any other tax or Levy. Safariline will not cancel a tour, holiday or other travel arrangement once the client has paid in full unless it becomes necessary to do so as a result of hostilities, war or threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist unrest, active or threatened natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or if a group tour does not have a minimum required participants, or for any other adverse event beyond the control of Safariline. In the event of cancellation Safariline will inform the client without delay and will make every effort to offer a suitable and comparable alternative
• Cancellations: Cancellations received more than 60 days prior to departure will be subject to the nonrefundable $500.00 per person fee plus any charge incurred by the hotels, ground handlers or operators up to the entire deposit of , 25% of the total trip costs
Between 60-30 days prior to the scheduled departure date 50% of total trip costs
During the last 30 days including the scheduled departure date: 100% of the total trip costs
Safariline is pleased to offer a Travel Protection plan designed as an exclusive insurance plan to provide broad protection. The plan protects you and your travel investment if you need to cancel your trip for covered reasons prior to departure or if other covered unforeseen circumstances arise during your trip. This comprehensive insurance package provides pre-Departure trip cancellation, Post departure Trip interruption, Trip delay (8 hours or more), Medical Expense/Emergency Assistance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, baggage and personal effects and baggage delay.
For premium costs and coverage descriptions please see our website http://www.safariline.net, home page under “Destinations” lower right side of home page – click on the blue button “Relax & Buy Trip Insurance. Or, contact us to provide a quotation.