Family Travels On The Wild Side
- Duration: 8 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Cape Town , South Africa
- Product code: SA-FTOTWS-WS-19
The trumpeting of a bull elephant close to camp, simmering white sand beaches framed by soaring emerald green mountains. Explore the compelling images of the Western Cape world renowned for its natural beauty, culture, and history. Continue your journey to the Timbavati Reserve bordering the Kruger National Park with a family journey at Tanda Tulas Field Camp—the ultimate safari and walking adventure . Explore the Adventure of South Africa and be captivated by the epic drama of predator and prey!
~ Detailed Itinerary ~
Day 1 Cape Town
Arrive Cape Town, Mother City of the Republic where you are transferred to
More Quarters and your 2 bedroom condo for the next three nights.
Day 2 Cape Town
Enjoy a morning tour of the city of Cape Town and take the cable car or hike to the top of Table Mountain. This afternoon time to explore the waterfront, on your own or take an optional tour. Meals = B , L
Day 3 Cape Town
Full day Family sightseeing tour to visit the Cape Peninsula and penguins or winelands and animal encounters at Butterfly World, Eagle Encounters or the Cheetah Outreach one of many family activities available. Meal = B, L
Days 4 & 5 Garden Route - Grootbos Private Nature Reserve
This morning depart from Cape Town for transfer along the coast seeing the incredible sights as you make your way to Grootbos Private Nature Reserve. An incredible coastline offers awe-inspiring views, superlative accommodations, prime whale watching and outdoor activities. You’ll have two days to explore the region, hike local trails, scuba or shark cage dive or just relax.
Meals = B/L/D + Lodge Activities
Days 6 - 8 Timbavati Reserve - Tanda Tula Field Camp
Transfer to the airport for a flight to Hoedspruit and transfer to Tanda Tula Field Camp. This private use camp is located in the eastern region of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, bordering the Kruger National Park in an exclusive concession of 6500 hectares. Meet your ranger who will share their wealth of knowledge as they introduce you to the game reserve's diverse wildlife, prolific bird species and unique vegetation.
Rediscover the true African walking safari, just as the early explorers did. Immersed in nature, the walking safaris are led by highly experienced guides and trackers. The focus is on tracking big game on foot and guests can expect to track lion, elephant and rhino, as well as all other game species in a very informative and exciting experience, bringing you closer to nature. A game drive vehicle is available for game drives for guests as and when needed as you experience a night drive that brings you closer to the magic of the nocturnal wildlife. Meals = B/L/D + Lodge Activities.
Day 9: Departure
This morning take your last game drive, have a hearty lunch and board your flight to Johannesburg and connecting flights homeward bound.
More Quarters (2 Bedroom Luxury Condo)
Grootbos (2 Bedroom Family Suite)
Tanda Tula Field Camp (Private Tented Camp)
Please note: Children under 10 not allowed
Children under 14 are not allowed to do walking safari in Kruger nation Park only game drives.
Terms & Conditions
The tour price includes the following services.
• Lite Aircraft flights as indicated on itinerary.
• Meet, Greet and airport transfers by your local guides
• Accommodation at the hotels, game lodges or rest camps specified in the itinerary, on the basis of two persons sharing a twin-bedded room with en suite bathroom, or shower / toilets with Breakfast Daily.
• Transportation by 4X4 specially designed safari vehicle, with qualified driver, for all journeys specified in the itinerary.
• Activities, National park fees, Entrance fees where applicable, for all sightseeing excursions as specified including scheduled tours in Cape Town
• English Speaking tour guide
• Full Pre-departure and final documentation with detailed “Guide to Planning your African Safari”.
Services Not Included:
• International airfare or airport taxes, quoted separately
• Items of a personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, personal purchases, optional extra activities, etc.
• Gratuities to tour guides, drivers and restaurant staff for services rendered.
• Any other services not specified above.
• Compulsory Travelers insurance and cancellation protection.
• Tourist visas if necessary:
Group Size – Min 2
Age Limits – Contact Safariline for details.
Deposit and Booking Requirements
• This quotation is subject to the availability of all services at the time of making a reservation.
• Travel insurance coverage for injury, illness or loss of effects while on tour is NOT included, is highly recommended for travel and compulsory for many lodges and adventure safaris in Southern and Eastern Africa.
• Registration: A 25% deposit of the total land price, per person is required. The remainder of the cost is due 75 days prior to departure date. Airline tickets must be purchased within two weeks of reservation confirmation.
• Payment is accepted by personal check, company check or credit card.
• Reservation Policy: All tariffs quoted include VAT and current grading levy. The price quoted is subject to change in the event of any unforeseen increases in fuel costs including currency fluctuations and/or Government levies/taxes, including Park Fees and Entrance fees. Safariline reserves the right to amend the quoted tariffs accordingly should the Government change the percentage level of VAT or introduce any other tax or Levy. Safariline will not cancel a tour, holiday or other travel arrangement once the client has paid in full unless it becomes necessary to do so as a result of hostilities, war or threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist unrest, active or threatened natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or if a group tour does not have a minimum required participants, or for any other adverse event beyond the control of Safariline. In the event of cancellation Safariline will inform the client without delay and will make every effort to offer a suitable and comparable alternative
• Cancellations: Cancellations received more than 75 days prior to departure will be subject to the nonrefundable $250.00 per person fee plus any charged incurred by the hotels, ground handlers or operators up to the entire deposit of , 25% of the total trip costs
Between 75-30 days prior to the scheduled departure date 50% of total trip costs
During the last 30 days including the scheduled departure date: 100% of the total trip costs
Safariline is pleased to offer a Travel Protection plan designed as an exclusive insurance plan to provide broad protection. The plan protects you and your travel investment if you need to cancel your trip for covered reasons prior to departure or if other covered unforeseen circumstances arise during your trip. This comprehensive insurance package provides pre-departure trip cancellation, Post departure Trip interruption, Trip delay (8 hours or more), Medical Expense/Emergency Assistance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, baggage and personal effects and baggage delay. For premium costs and coverage descriptions please see our website http://www.safariline.net, / Destinations